UC VIRTUAL BOOTCAMP
UC Virtual Bootcamp for College Essay Support is for:
- Motivated students who will be rising high school seniors
- College students seeking to transfer to UCs
- Students who have limited time like athletes or musicians
The average student working autonomously on the UC essays takes several months to complete what this workshop accomplishes in just four weeks.
How It Works & Schedule
- Pre-program video instruction about the UC Personal Insight Question, brainstorming tips, a few sample essays, and creating the Activity Sheet
- 30 minute pre-camp video call for orientation with a counselor
- Four intensive 2 hour sessions
- Weekly edits and revisions in-between sessions
- Expected student time commitment: 6-8 hours per week
- Expected outcome: four UC essays and a detailed Activity Sheet
- 6:1 Student to FLEX Counselor Ratio
Students work one-on-one and in small groups to prepare a set of four required University of California (UC) essays using FLEX’s Application and College Essay (ACE) strategies developed by the FLEX Info Bank and former UC admissions sta. Students will have created a detailed Activity Sheet that can be used for the UC Application and other college applications.