UC Essay Prompts / Why My Major? / Why College X?
A great college essay communicates all the necessary information about you as a person. Learn what colleges are looking for and get help writing the essays that best showcases you.
After a short seminar for both parents and students on college essays, students will break up into small groups where, under the supervision of a FLEX College Essay Specialist, they will:
- Learn what should and should not go in the essay
- Study a sample essay
- Brainstorm potential topics
- Find their writing voice
- Produce clean, polished essays & applications for their UC or Common Application
- HS Juniors ONLY (Class of 2020). Space is limited. Students may only bring 1 parent to the workshop.
- FREE for first-time students ONLY, $100 for students who have already attended a free workshop.
- Senior Package students need not register for this workshop, as this topic is being covered as part of your Senior Package.
- Students must bring their own laptop to participate.