College Application & Essay Workshops
Back by popular demand! FLEX COLLEGE PREP BOOT CAMP!
To help students and their families gain a clear picture of US colleges and universities, program requirements, and everything needed in order to be competitive, FLEX Pasadena is once again hosting the ultimate college preparation boot camp at the Pasadena center on Saturday, August 26, from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.
The free boot camp will kick off with a college essay writing workshop for students and an academic planning seminar for parents. The student writing workshop and parent seminar will run simultaneously from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
After the writing workshop and seminar, seasoned college admissions counselors from Harvard, Yale, UCLA and USC will conduct mini counseling sessions in which they evaluate:
- Transcripts, test scores, and overall college readiness
- College essay writing strengths
- Senior year course selection
- Extracurricular activities
- College lists
- And many other components of the college admissions process.
These 1:1 sessions with counselors are geared toward:
- Strengthening academic profiles
- Strategically selecting classes for senior year that help - not hurt - your chances of getting into college
- Maximizing extracurricular activities to position students as leaders
- And choosing the best colleges for your personalized list.
Counseling sessions will be held from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. and are offered on a first come, first served basis. Please RSVP to secure your face to face meeting with a counselor.
We look forward to seeing you at the FLEX Pasadena College Prep Boot Camp on Saturday!
* Please bring a laptop for the writing workshop and transcripts and scores for your counseling session.